Friday, October 14, 2011

goodnight poetry by azly rahman

goodnight poetry
by azly rahman


poetry comes to me
from unexpected places
as i drift across continents
as my gaze scale the heights of monuments, of the towers of power
as i lay in-between my siestas and deep slumber
as i stare deep into the eyes of those speaking of the stench of wealth and power

ah poetry
you have cometh to me when i was a child,
                      in my simplistic mind, stoning those palaces of tradition 

you have now cometh to me as i close my eyes
verses flowing like a river styx
verses in search of a loved one


ah poetry
a friend you have always been
you roam the streets of egypt
of tunisia
of yemen
of mao's china
of castro's cuba
you have touched me
                and drowned me in your reality
that you are merely words
                that become living monstrocities

ah poetry
you and i
have always conspired
since i know what words can mean
how verses can become lovers
                       of a vengeance we embrace
to change things
to our heart's desire


ah poetry
even in my showers
as i bathe away the ills of yesteryears daily
those of mine and others
even as i soothe my soul and make each cells in me
as new as a child conceived in divinity
even as i speak to the waters of purity
that flow into the entire of me
you poetry
and your verses
will still clothe me
             in this invisible shroud oud of mystery

poetry
let us go into the streets
you and i
and plant the seeds of anger in them all
      for anger is already in their hearts


ah poetry
let me tell you this:
this world hath lost you
this word hath gained "it"
as the "it" drifts farther away
from the Thou-ness of things entire

you and i know
this world is a playground
made of the structures of power
installed by vultures
who speaks of the glories of culture
through the stench of their mouth
as their hands strangle the ignorant
as they steal from the poor

ah poetry
        we must now strip them naked
and parade them on a street samba
          in a maoist carnival
will you and i ... poetry?  ... my true lover?


you and i
we will wade through the river of blood
that flows deep into the jungles of steel and concrete
we will call upon Reason and Revolution
and the spirit of Rousseau
and break into the towers of power
and yank out those toilet bowls made of gold
of the owners whose fate were long foretold
and turn those mansions into houses of the holy and the old
and of children on the streets hungry and cold

ah poetry
you are now whispering words of love to me

as i close my eyes
to journey yet into another world
wherein the spaces of hope collapses into yet another
layers of colors like rainbow in the dark
as i close my eyes and pull the darkness of the night
that now becomes a blanket of memories like quilt
i close my eyes,
your soul meets mine,
we become one
and we lay silent
bidding goodbye
to this world

poetry: you are now inside of me
as we become
more silent that the night

No comments:

Grandma’s Gangsta Chicken Curry and Gangsta Stories from My Hippie Sixties by Azly Rahman

MY MEMOIR IS NOW AVAILABLE ON AMAZON!  https://www.amazon.com/Grandmas-Gangsta-Chicken-Stories-Sixties-ebook/dp/B095SX3X26/ref=sr_1_1?dchild...