Saturday, October 15, 2011

In my garden I asketh

In my garden I asketh
by Azly Rahman


In my garden I asketh
Roses why must you have thorns?
                   what story of life are you telling us?
as I mow the lawn with this wrecking guillotine machine in my hands
Up and down and in circles
Guillotining thousands after I stormed the Bastille

But still, roses roses why are you with thorns?
As I contemplate roses I asketh again and again
though a strange a question might it be
                  can a rose be not a woman but a man?
                  And the thorns that guard are but guardian angles?
now how could that not possibly be?
                  in a world as upside down as we have created it to be?

And even in my garden I shall never fail to see
As the poet Emily would too agree
                                Life and death
                                Heaven and hell
                                And purgatory
And the role I play in these little worlds I could see
Ah .. my garden and me

1 comment:

Anonymous said...
This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.

Grandma’s Gangsta Chicken Curry and Gangsta Stories from My Hippie Sixties by Azly Rahman

MY MEMOIR IS NOW AVAILABLE ON AMAZON!  https://www.amazon.com/Grandmas-Gangsta-Chicken-Stories-Sixties-ebook/dp/B095SX3X26/ref=sr_1_1?dchild...