Wednesday, June 24, 2015

DIVINE COMEDY II: Full poem

FULL POEM
free flow
freestyle
written late last night, June 22, 2015
-- ar

DIVINE COMEDY II
by azly rahman

“Prelude”

and the time hath come for the stories once told
would once again be inscribed onto the scriptures one dearly hold
that the armies of the night
borne out of the rages of tempest delight
would march by the thousands
all masked
their souls crafted out of fire burning through the night
come hither scribes of the puranas
come poets of gilgamesh
with your chisel and tablet we shall await the warrior Indra

“Tablet 1”

O' Darkness
you have come with a Companion
one I am yet to see
a mirror of the Self
as you once promised
O' Darkness
O' Void
you have come again
as we sit in silence
a congregation of two
amidst the chaos
of what is beyond these walls
of white noise of the machines
singing like a chorus of a mantra
of material beings
unto me served
these offerings
of questions and nothing else
as I am bathed in this sudden ray of light
be and Thou shall be
become what you wish to become
as the Inner Desire in me implanted
like some "biochip" of a time to come
ready to be activated at the time of conception
Be and Thou shall be
surreal a being Thou shall become
unto thee the tools of work and play
or toil and pleasure
shall Thee create
Be! I command Thee to be
to exist
to be bathed
in this mystery
like a shroud of the dead and grateful
of a karma Thou will become daily
From what worlds am I to be
From which distant world am I set to be free?
O' Void
O' Darkness
I shall be what you have destined me to be
But Thou shall be ready
For a revolt
Of the senses
that too will govern me
As you please
Be as you say I shall be – ar

“Tablet 2”

O' Darkness
O' Void
a friend
an enemy
from Light you Thou have sprung
Unto Light Thou shall return
Darkness and Light will once again be
One
Wars Thou have fought
Battles Thou have won
and Lost
Rages on
Till this day
of the day when Thou
have created anew
Souls that will Be
and will become
yet another soldier of Fortune
and Misfortune
to see yet another battle
Winners and Losers
become
One
Like Darkness
Like Void
Like a Companion
All One
and the same
But indeed
Be .. as Thouest shall say
And Beings shall be
But imbued with Senses Five
and a Will to revolt
so that Thou too shall be set free
from the misery
of this never-ending
War of Misfortune
and Misery -- ar

“Tablet 3”

Tell me what I shall be
Only with words and more words
What I shall become
Because there shall never be
a Creation without the words Thou shall
imprint
unto the self, the mind, the body
Words becometh flesh
Becomes beings with feelings
Become Time and Space that will constrain
Be- and Thou shall become' as it is often said
Tell me of the Inner Mystery
O' Darkness
O' Void
O' Light of Sanity
Tell me about the Inner Desire
of the Lake of Plenty
of the warm Spring of Sanity
Thou have bathed my soul in
That I have become One in
That I have become Many in
tell me what springs forth for Thine's own game
of Creation and Karma
of path thou have carved for souls aplenty
tell me these and I shall guess what shall
the outcome of the game plan
So that I may choose which words
which inscriptions
of the soul
of the self
of the spirit
I shall choose
for Thee to install in me -- ar

“Tablet 4”

Hush and hush and hush
and whisper to me
If that is what Thou intend this to be
Speak to me in riddles
Speak to me in words that may confuse
Speak to me in jest
Speak to me with Mercy
You and I
will there only be
Beyond the walls of this cave
Lie souls aplenty
they call 'society'
The beast that will never understand
What Thou have planned this game of life to be
Lift me out of this Lake of Mercy
Whisper to me what the end of the journey might be
Dim the light of darkness in this darkest cave
if our conversation
will set us free
These words Thou will whisper
as these are 'tatoo-ed' into me
-into my self
-my spirit
-my soul
-my body
becomes words
only words
that will keep me alive
from cradle
to the grave
O' Darkness
O' Void
O' Merciful
My words becomes Thee
In this world of the 'persistence of memory,'
Is that not what we have agreed?

“Tablet 5”

Once Thou spoke to me of Time:
" Time
you have grown old
while the restlessness
of youth
in Humanity
explodes
leaving traces
of blood
in spaces
you cannot heal ..."
I have never understood Thine words of insanity
But now it hath become clear to me
As the wheels of Kama
The Law of Manu
the boddhisatva in me
completes its cycle
O' Darkness
O' Void
O' Merciful One
How could Thou and I be so wrong
in the story of Creation?
Come -- let us summon the Scribe
Again
and write a story of Grace
of Wars no more
of Sufferings all gone
But as Thou have argued --
what then
what then
what then
shall the Story of Life be?

“Tablet 6”

Let the Beast called Society
roam free in the Concrete Jungle of Plenty
as Thou and I feast in this banquet of words and only words
whispering secrets of secrets
mysteries within mysteries
Let the Beast
roam free
lost
in the Forest of Jataka
in some Jurassic Park
in the Lake of the Loons
in the floating baskets
of Aristophenes' Clouds
Let them be
beast of burden to the
words they too have heard
inscribed into
their souls
their spirits
their body
their thick skull
into their Happiness
of what they have chosen
and decreed to become
Come on
Thou and I
let us feast
from dawn to dusk
and into the darkness
of these seven phases of Time
of these seven Oceans of Mercy we shall sail into
of the travels into the seven heavens we have agreed to do
hush and hush and hush
Never tell this to the Best
called Society
O' Darkness
O' Void
O' Mercy
O' Love of my Nothingness
Let us dine
with words
Only

“Tablet 7”

O' Darkness
O' Void
O' Nothingness
Did I not once speak about the garden I created
Out of the words and only words
Out of the persistence of memory so well crafted?
Better than the "Eden" I once heard about?
I called it Walden III:
In the center lies a circle
without borders in which lies an eternal flame
where must the self lie in Nature that hath no beginning nor end?
in my garden i asked
in Walden III i sat eyes closed
taming the flame
closer to my heart's desire you shall come as we become circles in search of a center ...
to return to the self if we must
until a new story we becometh
inside of me lies a paradise i see not
but in the manifest and the latent
i see not but in the eyes that sees me
in my garden i asked in Walden III
i sat with eyes closed to see the beauty of what lies unseen
roses why do you have thorns?
i asked
daily i tend to thee but daily thou unleashed the violence one can never see
o' roses climb thee to the heights of glory
beauty lies in thine's ephemereality
come the eyes of the storm
and thunder and lighting perish o' roses thou shall be
such is the beauty of this metaphor of a reality
a rose is a rose and nothing more
is that so doth Nature dictates
of sonnets and serenades thous hath been glorified to this date
yet unto dust thou shall dissipate
O Nature I salute thee
you and I may well be a conspiracy
when i tend to thee we shall both agree
that thou shall chant my name
and together rise to the himalayas of dignity
O' Nature I am like a solitary reaper
gathering moss and into the woods i traverse eternally
for thou hath shown me the beauty in the stone uncarved
and shown me too the hearts of men chained with greed and insanity
O' Water
Nature doth giveth
inside of me like a river flows
bows and arrows of temptation and desolation may a thousand cometh
I shall thank thee O Nature in thine' s keep in peace and tranquility
in Walden III i saw a drop of water on a leaf of a lily
a crystal-ball of a universe it looked to me
O' Nature I thank thee for making me see
the inside of a universe thou guarded jealously with beauty
only to be stained with the blood of those thirsty for power and glory
between men the universe breaks asunder
like a rose blown to pieces by merely a violent thunder
I shall wait no paradise O Universe
of flowing rivers of milk
and men and young boys of eternal youth
who wine and feast in merriment eternally
I shall conspire with you O' Nature
to create one daily and into eternity we shall craft this place of eternal beauty
close to our heart's desire
away from the words of wise men in robes with forked tongue speaking about rewards of eternal quest for desire
I shall not wait such a paradise O' Nature
promises of 72 virgins and hourries aplenty
only for blowing up the self and the innocent others mindlessly
O' Walden III
may thou and I with Fate and Free Will agree
that the beauty in us knows no boundaries
***

No comments:

Grandma’s Gangsta Chicken Curry and Gangsta Stories from My Hippie Sixties by Azly Rahman

MY MEMOIR IS NOW AVAILABLE ON AMAZON!  https://www.amazon.com/Grandmas-Gangsta-Chicken-Stories-Sixties-ebook/dp/B095SX3X26/ref=sr_1_1?dchild...