Tuesday, August 12, 2014

LINES COMPOS'D OVERLOOKING AN EVENING

Lines compos'd overlooking an evening 
by azly rahman

And in the evening
whilst the sunlight is done
clasping the earth
and the moon
offered her beams
so that they may kiss the sea
and while each breath i take i cherish
in each with my eyes closed
in each joy as a dancing daffodil
in each a universe of love engulfing
what a beauteous day it has been
as the ills of the world can wait
to heal or not to heal itself
to be or not to be at peace
with the tedious arguments never-ending
my eyes will still close
as evening falls
as dusk in its multicolored hues call
as the sounds of laughter of serena-joy calls
as she is blessed yet with another year of a precious gift to me
a love no one can take
borne out of the joy of my solitude
i look yonder
the rollings hills
like green waves
of a pasture so familiar
I feel every vein in me
a river of joy flows
as if Love inside of me
is an awakening
as i wish it to last
as long as i wish
in these evenings
when Time sits quietly still

-- azly rahman




No comments:

Grandma’s Gangsta Chicken Curry and Gangsta Stories from My Hippie Sixties by Azly Rahman

MY MEMOIR IS NOW AVAILABLE ON AMAZON!  https://www.amazon.com/Grandmas-Gangsta-Chicken-Stories-Sixties-ebook/dp/B095SX3X26/ref=sr_1_1?dchild...