Tuesday, December 13, 2011

by the sea, midnight

"by the sea, midnight"  
by azly rahman


sometimes
many times
i long for the sea to be rolled out like a beautiful persian carpet
... right before my eyes everytime
i feel weary and the stillness of the night whispers
and as nightfall the waves become like an approaching congregation
of men in robe with hair beautifully unkempt, glows on their face
from the horizon, waves accompanying their feet like a procession of the
grandiose of those honored in a beggar's banquet feasting on tedious
arguments on what we are doing on the face of the earth
roll out the ocean
the horizon
the waves that pound on my heart every second
every second
every second
every breath
of my eyes shut
every wave rages
like a chant of a gregorian soul
or the mantra of a thousand lotus unfolding
each wave cleanses the darkening spots of the million of years
of the soul's undying love of this world ephemeral
i am one with the sea
with the waves that crush mercilessly onto the rocks of many gibraltars
of the eons of existence of each soul as it moves from one form to another
i am one with the breeze that whispers the haunting memory of separation
as each huge roots of the mangrove bind me never to release me
to be overjoyed with madness
from the voices of the sirens of homer's odyssey
i am the fire that burns eternally in the darkest night yonder
on the horizon of the ocean rolled out for me to feast on
as i watch with my eyes wide shut the invinsible steps of the men in white robe approaching without a sound
approaching the awaiting me on the moonlit shore of the place i still long for
i am the sands on the beach
a million me bathed by each particle of the rays that become moonlight
i am the earth
the sky
the moonlight
the breeze
the waves raging
and with not a single sound i could hear me
sitting with my eyes closed
as the sea like a persian carpet again unrolled
ending yet another story of a creation untold
at times
many times
I have become Time itself
as night falls

No comments:

Grandma’s Gangsta Chicken Curry and Gangsta Stories from My Hippie Sixties by Azly Rahman

MY MEMOIR IS NOW AVAILABLE ON AMAZON!  https://www.amazon.com/Grandmas-Gangsta-Chicken-Stories-Sixties-ebook/dp/B095SX3X26/ref=sr_1_1?dchild...