Friday, July 03, 2015

POETRY: "This Aristotlelian poetics of yours "

by azly rahman 


Show me the mirror of Aristotleian poetics
and let me go back to the Time
when I could see the script and postscripts of Life
of the setting
the plot
of those characters I was forced to meet
of the fights
the battles
the wars
I was thrown into
endless it seems 'unlike the structure of tragedy
Aristotleian invention
show me more of the complexities of what you have created
because you are the Author of Things
show me all the rising actions my Life have been through
those microfictions that weave like a sonnet of shakespearean proportions
the ramayana and the mahabharatta of your pulp fiction
of the rising action of that rock Sisyphus was condemned into rolling
show me all -- the conflicts in the life I have lived 

the life you have written
the life I have edited, revised, or even at times
this script of it I have shredded to pieces -- right in front of your eyes
show me then the climb -- higher and higher
until I reach the everest of the epic we have decided upon
of the climax of it all
and I-- still with the rock Camus wrote of, wondering where
I shall not go as I look above and below
in the nakedness of my soul
my spirit still deciding
whether to soar like Jonathan Livingston's seagull
of to plunge in the ravine down below like Man all done with Life
show me the way -- you are the Author of all Things
I am one and becoming one with your authorship
this is the prose of life , you said
and I am to become an epic poem
of yet another catharsis of a creation
in which eros, thanatos, and hubris, and hamartia all is one
in a that fountain of the peak I am now standing on
I shall now stand here like sisyphus
as I look down below
for a falling action
for that descend
you have planned
for a final destination
of a resolution
for a closure
for an end to a story

-- all these a plot of yours
I shall remain here and
and elsewhere
you shall remain with your script
you and I
are now
two different Authors


-- azly rahman

No comments:

Grandma’s Gangsta Chicken Curry and Gangsta Stories from My Hippie Sixties by Azly Rahman

MY MEMOIR IS NOW AVAILABLE ON AMAZON!  https://www.amazon.com/Grandmas-Gangsta-Chicken-Stories-Sixties-ebook/dp/B095SX3X26/ref=sr_1_1?dchild...